As a tenant of Soihtu your rent includes electricity, water, Soihtu’s broadband connection, use of laundry rooms, common sauna turns and use of the studying spaces and the gym in Rentukka building. NB: The rent for Soihtu Korttelikylä (address Nuuskakuja 2) does not include water.
The liability to pay the rent begins on the same day as the term of lease begins according to the lease.
- Furnished studio apartments in the buildings A and C in the Student Village: the furniture fee is included your rent and it is not itemised in the rent invoice.
- Furnished studio apartments in the building E in the Student Village: a furniture fee is charged monthly in connection with your rent. The furniture fee is itemised in the rent invoice.
- Furnished rooms in shared apartments in the buildings M, N, Q, R and S in the Student Village: a furniture fee is charged monthly in connection with your rent. The furniture fee is itemised in the rent invoice.
- Studio apartment’s rent includes a water fee for one person in Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja. If a rent agreement will be made for two persons another water fee will be added to the rent.
- The rent for Soihtu Korttelikylä (address Nuuskakuja 2) does not include water. In connection with the rent, a water advance is charged by the number of tenants. The water fee will be equalized every four (4) months to correspond to the actual consumption of the apartment as indicated by the water meter. Water advance is 20 € per person per month.
Personnel changes in the Soihtu Housing team – Jenna Pigg to service manager, Anni Pajari to community manager
There have been changes in Soihtu Housing staff in August and September that are visible to the tenants as well. Soihtu Housing’s personnel are involved in the residents' daily lives both at Soihtu Housing service point in Vehkakuja 2b and at Rentukka info desk in Kortepohja Student Village, where Soihtu Housing staff members work on a rotating shift.
JYY and Soihtu are assessing their biodiversity footprint in cooperation with the School of Resource Wisdom of the University of Jyväskylä
The Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä JYY and its Business Unit Soihtu are assessing their carbon and biodiversity footprints. The analysis is carried out by JYU.Wisdom, the School of Resource Wisdom of the University of Jyväskylä.
The Tenants’ Committee organizes a flea market on Monday 19th September in Lillukka, and if the weather allows, also outside, close to Lillukka. The flea market is open from around 2pm to 7pm, depending on the activity of the sellers and buyers....