Terminate your tenancy agreement
Time to move?
If you want to give notice to terminate your tenancy agreement that is valid until further notice, it is easiest to do that using our electronic form. Please remember that the notice period is one full calendar month and a tenancy agreement can only be terminated to end of a month.
As for a fixed-term tenancy agreement, it has in advance been made for the fixed term and the term cannot be changed.
We hope you enjoyed your stay in the Soihtu’s apartment!
Time to move forward
As a tenant of Soihtu, you can use our online forms:
- If you are changing your apartment from the Soihtu’s apartment to its another one
- If you are moving out from the Soihtu’s apartment and want to terminate your tenancy agreement (if not stated otherwise in the agreement, tenancy agreements are open-ended)
- If your fixed-term tenancy agreement ends and you want to inform your bank details for the returning of the deposit
Check a few things in advance
- If not stated otherwise in the agreement, tenancy agreements are open ended. You must inform Soihtu when you want to terminate you lease. When the tenant gives notice, the notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). Giving notice must be done in a written form.
- If you have a fixed-term lease, please keep in mind that the ending date cannot be changed. Remember to inform your bank details for the returning of the deposit!
- All the payments, including the last rent, must be paid before moving out.
- Soihtu Facility Services carry out a pre-inspection on the condition of the apartments in buildings E, K-L and in shared flats.
- The apartment must be cleaned before your return your keys. Please read carefully our cleaning tips before your moving out.
- You need to return the keys to the Service Point of Soihtu Housing at latest at 12.00 on the first weekday after the ending date of the tenancy agreement. When you return your key to the Soihtu Housing, you vacate your room/apartment for a use of the landlord.
- Soihtu Facility Services inspect the apartment at latest on the first weekday after the rent contract has ended.
- The deposit will be returned to the bank account stated by the tenant approximately within two months after the tenancy agreement has ended.
If not stated otherwise in the agreement, it is open-ended. You need to give written notice if you want to terminate your agreement. The notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). If you have Finnish online bank identifiers, please use the form below. Note that if you haven’t informed us your Finnish ID number, you cannot use this online service.
If not stated otherwise in the agreement, it is open-ended. You need to give written notice if you want to terminate your agreement. The notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). If you don’t have Finnish online bank identifiers, please use the form below.
If there is an ending date in your lease, you have a fixed-term tenancy agreement. In that case, your tenancy will end automatically on the last day of your tenancy agreement. Just remember to give us your bank account details for returning of the deposit.
If Soihtu’s rent secretaries ask for your bank account information for example to refund extra rents that you may have paid or if there is a mistake in the bank account information you previously gave, use the form for submitting bank account information.
If you want to cancel a lease before it has begun but after paying the deposit, 100€ of arrangement and administrative costs will be deducted before we return the deposit. If you want to cancel a lease after signing the tenancy agreement, the notice period for an open-ended rent agreement is one calendar month. A fixed-term rent agreement cannot be terminated. The cancellation is accepted when you get a confirmation from Soihtu.
If you are changing your apartment from Soihtu’s apartment to another Soihtu’s apartment, please fill in the Changing apartment -form after you have accepted the new apartment offer. Remember also to sign your new tenancy agreement after you have accepted the offer.
If you move away temporarily from your student apartment, you can move your right of residence in Kortepohja Student Village. Typical grounds for a temporary move (certificate is needed) are a student exchange, practical training military or non-military service or a long illness.