Terminate your tenancy agreement
Time to move?
If you want to give notice to terminate your tenancy agreement that is valid until further notice, it is easiest to do that using our electronic form. Please remember that the notice period is one full calendar month and a tenancy agreement can only be terminated to end of a month.
As for a fixed-term tenancy agreement, it has in advance been made for the fixed term and the term cannot be changed.
We hope you enjoyed your stay in the Soihtu’s apartment!
Time to move forward
As a tenant of Soihtu, you can use our online notice form:
- If you are changing your apartment from the Soihtu’s apartment to its another one
- If you are moving out from the Soihtu’s apartment and want to terminate your tenancy agreement (if not stated otherwise in the agreement, tenancy agreements are open-ended). Use the notice form for other matters, if you don’t have Finnish bank account.
- If your fixed-term tenancy agreement ends and you want to inform your bank details for the returning of the deposit
Check a few things in advance
- If not stated otherwise in the agreement, tenancy agreements are open ended. You must inform Soihtu when you want to terminate you lease. When the tenant gives notice, the notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). Giving notice must be done in a written form. More information about termination of the tenancy agreement.
- If you have a fixed-term lease, please keep in mind that the ending date cannot be changed. Remember to inform your bank details for the returning of the deposit before you move out. The deposit will be returned to the bank account stated by the tenant approximately within two months after the tenancy agreement has ended.
- All the payments, including the last rent, must be paid before moving out.
- Soihtu Facility Services carry out a pre-inspection on the condition of the apartments in buildings K, L, M, N, O, P and in shared flats in the Student Village and in all apartments in Soihtu Vehkakuja.
- The apartment must be cleaned before your return your keys. Please read carefully our cleaning tips before your moving out.
- You need to return the keys to the Service Point of Soihtu Housing at latest at 12.00 on the first weekday after the ending date of the tenancy agreement. The keys can be returned to the mailbox of Soihtu Housing (Vehkakuja 2 B) or to our customer service within the normal opening hours. When you return your key to the Soihtu Housing, you vacate your room/apartment for a use of the landlord.
- Soihtu Facility Services makes the apartment inspection at latest on the first weekday after the rent contract has ended.
- Remember to submit a notification of change of the address to Posti and the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.