Terminate your tenancy agreement
Time to move?
If you want to give notice to terminate your tenancy agreement that is valid until further notice, it is easiest to do that using our electronic form. Please remember that the notice period is one full calendar month and a tenancy agreement can only be terminated to end of a month.
As for a fixed-term tenancy agreement, it has in advance been made for the fixed term and the term cannot be changed.
We hope you enjoyed your stay in the Soihtu’s apartment!
Time to move forward
As a tenant of Soihtu, you can use our online forms:
- If you are changing your apartment from the Soihtu’s apartment to its another one
- If you are moving out from the Soihtu’s apartment and want to terminate your tenancy agreement (if not stated otherwise in the agreement, tenancy agreements are open-ended)
- If your fixed-term tenancy agreement ends and you want to inform your bank details for the returning of the deposit
Check a few things in advance
- If not stated otherwise in the agreement, tenancy agreements are open ended. You must inform Soihtu when you want to terminate you lease. When the tenant gives notice, the notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). Giving notice must be done in a written form. More information about termination of the tenancy agreement.
- If you have a fixed-term lease, please keep in mind that the ending date cannot be changed. Remember to inform your bank details for the returning of the deposit before you move out.
- All the payments, including the last rent, must be paid before moving out.
- Soihtu Facility Services carry out a pre-inspection on the condition of the apartments in buildings K, L, M, N, O, P and in shared flats in the Student Village and in all apartments in Soihtu Vehkakuja.
- The apartment must be cleaned before your return your keys. Please read carefully our cleaning tips before your moving out.
- You need to return the keys to the Service Point of Soihtu Housing at latest at 12.00 on the first weekday after the ending date of the tenancy agreement. The keys can be returned to the mailbox of Soihtu Housing (Vehkakuja 2 B) or to our customer service within the normal opening hours. When you return your key to the Soihtu Housing, you vacate your room/apartment for a use of the landlord.
- Soihtu Facility Services makes the apartment inspection at latest on the first weekday after the rent contract has ended.
- The deposit will be returned to the bank account stated by the tenant approximately within two months after the tenancy agreement has ended.
- Remember to submit a notification of change of the address to Posti and the Digital and Population Data Services Agency.
If not stated otherwise in the agreement, it is open-ended. You need to give written notice if you want to terminate your agreement. The notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). If you have Finnish online bank identifiers, please use the form below. Note that if you haven’t informed us your Finnish ID number, you cannot use this online service.
If not stated otherwise in the agreement, it is open-ended. You need to give written notice if you want to terminate your agreement. The notice period is one full calendar month (Act on Residential Leases). If you don’t have Finnish online bank identifiers, please use the form below.
If there is an ending date in your lease, you have a fixed-term tenancy agreement. In that case, your tenancy will end automatically on the last day of your tenancy agreement. Just remember to give us your bank account details for returning of the deposit.
If you are changing your apartment from Soihtu’s apartment to another Soihtu’s apartment, please fill in the Changing apartment -form after you have signed your new tenancy agreement. (You can sign your agreement online if you have Finnish online bank identifiers. Otherwise, sign the contract at Soihtu Housing service point.)
If Soihtu Rents ask for your bank account information for example to refund extra rents that you may have paid or if there is a mistake in the bank account information you previously gave, use the form for submitting bank account information.
If you want to cancel a lease after signing the tenancy agreement, the notice period for an open-ended rent agreement is one calendar month. Cancellation must always be done before the lease begins. A fixed-term rent agreement cannot be terminated. The cancellation is accepted when you get a confirmation from Soihtu.