Every apartment must always be cleaned carefully when moving out. Here you can find extensive cleaning instructions when moving out is current.
Responsibilities of a moving tenant include:
- Cleaning surfaces in all rooms (e.g. worktops, doors and radiators)
- Vacuuming and cleaning floors
- Emptying cabinets and wiping their shelves and doors
- Cleaning the bathroom (furniture, surfaces and cleaning the possible shower curtain, wiping the vent and cleaning the flor drain.
- Cleaning the stove and oven
- Cleaning the cooker hood and grease filter
- Cleaning the fridge and defrosting the freezer (if you can move the fridge, clean also behind it)
- Cleaning the kitchen sink
- Cleaning the rubbish bin cabinet
- Wiping the vents above windows and on the ceiling and
- Taking out rubbish and furniture.
Please note that all tenants of a shared apartment pay for the cleaning if it is found necessary.
Remember to pack everything with you
When you move out, the apartment must be totally emptied. All the furniture and other things must be taken away unless you have agreed on leaving furniture with the next tenant. Take into account that if you have agreed to leave some furniture to the next tenant, you must inform the facility services about that.
Has everything been cleaned properly?
When you move out Soihtu Facility Services will the check the condition of the apartment. In some apartments in Kortepohja Student Village, also pre-inspections are conducted.
Soihtu invites the tenants of Korttelikylä to the annual Tenants’ meeting on Tuesday, November 22nd from 5pm onward at Ilokivi Venue (Keskussairaalantie 2). Soihtu staff is there to talk about current housing issues and tenants will have the...
In the coming winter, due to the electricity shortage, we may have to resort to pre-planned power outages to balance the load. Preparing for a power outage is one of the civic skills.
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics in Kortepohja Student Village, Soihtu Vehkakuja and Soihtu Korttelikylä every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the...