General Housing Rules of Kortepohja Student Village
- Silent hours between 23 pm – 7 am.
- Apartments need to be cleaned and maintained properly. Non-functioning radiators, water leaks and other damage to water pipes and cords must be reported immediately to the maintenance.
- Each apartment must have a functioning fire alarm and it is the tenant’s responsibility to inspect. Instead, inspecting the fire detector is not the tenant’s responsibility.
- Stove, cooker hood and the filters of the deaeration valves must be cleaned regularly.
- Smoking in the apartments and balconies is prohibited.
BUILDINGS AND OUTDOOR AREAS
- The common areas of the buildings need to be kept clean and tidy. Moving in the stairwells and other public areas of the residential building needs to be done quietly as possible. No loitering allowed.
- For fire safety and cleaning reasons, bicycles, baby carriage and other items must not be stored in corridors. Furniture, rubbish or other items must not be left in the stairwells.
- Fire doors and main doors of the buildings must be kept closed.
- Dusting of carpets and bedding is only allowed in the places reserved for this purpose.
- Smoking is prohibited in all common areas of the properties and in the immediate vicinity of residential buildings. Smoking is only allowed in marked areas.
LAUNDRY ROOMS AND SAUNAS
- There are both pre-bookable and non-bookable laundry rooms in the Student Village. Laundry rooms are available daily between 8 am and 9 pm. The doors are open until 9.15 pm.
- The washing machines and tumble dryers can be booked through the online booking system. The laundry room can be reserved for a maximum of five hours a week.
- General sauna shifts are available in different parts of the Student Village daily. In addition to general sauna shifts, the tenant can also book a weekly private sauna turn.
- Vehicles may only be parked in the parking lots reserved for them.
- Temporary parking in yard areas is only permitted for temporary loading and unloading.
- It is forbidden to store inoperative vehicles in parking lots.
- Parking is supervised by an external operator.
SORTING OF WASTE
- Waste and other rubbish are taken sorted in the appropriate waste bins. The residents themselves take care of the correct recycling of non-household waste.
- Yard areas must be kept clean.
- Rentukka’s common rooms comply with general regulations and every premises’ own rules. All of the Rentukka’s common areas are drug-free.
- Public order and cleanliness must be followed in all common areas of the Student Village.
VIOLATING THE GENERAL HOUSING RULES
- Violation of the general housing rules may result in termination / cancellation of the lease. Termination of the lease agreement can only take place on the grounds specified in the Act on residential leases and is the responsibility of the landlord if necessary.
- In case of breakage of structures and furniture or non-cleaning, the resident will be charged full compensation.
DRAWING UP THE GENERAL HOUSING RULES
- It is the responsibility of the Kortepohja Student Village Tenants’ Committee to draw up and update the general rules of the Student Village.
Living in an apartment building requires common rules and a good dose of tolerance. The Student Village is subject to the law of public order, and no resident may, by his behavior or in any other way, unnecessarily interfere with the comfort of other tenants. The resident is also responsible for complying with the laws and regulations regarding his or her guests, both in the apartment and in the common areas.
General housing rules have been updated and approved at the meeting of the Tenants’ Committee on 27 May 2020.
This autumn the demand for student housing is much higher than Soihtu has apartments to offer. Apartments of Soihtu are primarily meant for students. Some of our residential properties are government-subsidized rental apartments (so-called ARA...
Soihtu Housing phone service switchboard has a malfunction, which is why calls are not connected correctly. We are currently investigating the situation. If you can't reach us by phone, kindly contact us via email. The maintenance phone number...
Soihtu aims for a new building in Kortepohja Student Village to serve e.g. students’ families. The new building will be placed along the Kartanonkuja street, between buildings Q and E. Provided that the new site of Soihtu receives a building permit from the city of Jyväskylä and a start permit from Ara, construction can begin in late autumn 2023.