Terms and conditions for sauna and leisure room reservations
These conditions apply to following spaces: Opinkivi Sauna and meeting space, Bastu Sauna, Bertta meeting space and Lillukka.
The common rooms included in the Soihtu Housing services have their own set of rules and regulations.
Application of these terms and conditions: The General Booking Conditions for the reservable Sauna and Leisure Facilities of JYY operated by Soihtu have been revised in June 2022. These terms are in use from 1.8. onwards. Old terms are applied to reservations made until 31.7.2022.
The terms in effect until 31.8.2022 can be read on the Student Union webpage via this link. Old terms and specific instructions of Opinkivi sauna are published on Opinkivi Sauna webpage via this link.
The General Booking Conditions for the reservable Sauna and Leisure Facilities of JYY operated by Soihtu
Booking and payment
- A binding agreement is formed, when the booking has been paid and the person has received confirmation of the reservation via e-mail.
- Please note that if you are making a reservation for the sauna facilities for the coming weekend or other public holiday, the reservation must be made no later than 2 pm (14:00) on the previous working day.
- Please note that if you make a reservation for the sauna facilities for the current day, it is not possible to heat the sauna and use the jacuzzi, the reservation must be made no later than 2 pm (14:00) on the previous working day.
- Cancellations should always be done in writing to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of cancellation within the time limit specified in these terms, the booking fee will be refunded to the customer’s account within a reasonable time of receiving the cancellation. JYY withholds a € 5 processing fee from the booking fee / cancelled booking. The customer must provide their account number in IBAN format for the possible refunding of the booking fee.
- Cancellation needs to be done latest 2 weeks (14 days) before the booking, otherwise 50 % of the payment will be charged.
- The cancellation is considered to have taken place at the moment when the information about the cancellation has reached JYY.
- Cancellations announced outside office hours (Mon-Fri 8 – 16) are considered to have taken place on the next office day.
JYY’s right to cancel a reservation
- In case of force majeure, JYY (Soihtu) may cancel the reservation.
- If the booking must be canceled due to the disruptive behavior of the reservation customer, the payment will not be refunded.
While using the space
- The reservation customer, the person who made the booking, is responsible of the space during the reservation.
- The right to use the room starts from the moment the reservation is made to start and ends according to the time when the reservation ends. (Eg. booking from 16:00 to 22:00: the room can be entered not earlier than at 16:00 and must be vacated by 22:00 at the latest). The reservation customer should take this into account in the preparations.
- Exterior doors must be kept locked outside the opening hours of the building. Additionally, all of the doors and windows of the rental space needs to be carefully locked before leaving the space.
- Smoking indoors is strictly prohibited and may cause an automatic fire alarm. The person who caused the alarm by smoking is responsible for all alarm, maintenance and cleaning costs caused by smoking.
- When leaving, the premises must be left in a clean condition. The final cleaning includes sweeping the floors, wiping the tables, and washing the counters. Used furniture and accessories must be returned. In case an extra cleaning must be carried out, the expenses will be charged from the person who made the booking.
- The premises must be vacated immediately when the reservation time ends. If the person who made the booking or people belonging to their party have not left the room at the end of the reservation, JYY has the right to charge the person who made the booking by a double reservation charge and all cleaning costs and other possible expenses, such as the security personnel’s visit, according to actual invoices.
- JYY is not responsible of any items left in the rental premises.
- Quiet periods are observed in the premises connected to the residential buildings. Silence time takes place from 23.00 to 07.00. The person who made the booking must comply with all the provisions of the law for maintaining public order on the premises.
Keys and key codes
If the reserved space requires a separate key, the key will be handed over according to the agreement. The key must be returned immediately after the agreed rental period. Compensation according to the price list will be charged for a lost / non-returned key. Upon the key pick-up, the person receiving the key must present their ID.
- If the reserved facilities are accessed with a key code, the customer will receive a five-digit code to open the door at the time of booking. Please note that even if your booking exceeds the calendar day, the door code will expire before the day changes. Check the message you received to see how long the door code is valid.
- The room key or booking-specific key code must not be passed on to others.
Responsibility of the reservation customer
- It is the responsibility of the reservation customer, i.e. the person who made the booking, to find out the measures related to the use of the space and, for example, the collection of the key in good time before booking.
- The reservation customer and other users of the room must follow the rules of the room during their visit. The rules can be seen in the rented premises. Users of the facility are also required to observe general times of silence on the area.
- The reservation customer is fully responsible for all damages and costs incurred during the booking of the space. Any fees (fire alarm, maintenance visit, security, cleaning) caused by someone breaking the rules and regulations will be charged from the person who caused them or, if not reached, by the person who made the reservation. Equipment breakdowns, violations of the rules and unnecessary alarms will be charged to the booker according to the actual costs, however, at least € 70.
- The reservation customer is obliged to immediately report any defects or deficiencies to Soihtu’s 24/7 service on-call number 010 524 8315. By properly reporting defects and deficiencies at the beginning of the booking period, the booker avoids being responsible for any defects that were already in the room or equipment. JYY is not obligated to compensate for errors or omissions that have not been reported properly and already at the time of beginning of the reservation.
Use of machinery and equipment
- If the facility has a dishwasher installed, the person who made the reservation is responsible for off-loading the dishes from the dishwasher when the program is over.
- Leaving the machine running when leaving the room is not permitted.
Outdoor hot tub
- If an outdoor hot tub is used (where applicable), the pool must not be emptied or cleaned. Soihtu is always responsible for the maintenance of the outdoor hot tub. The additional cleaning and maintenance costs caused by deliberate vandalism will be charged from the person who made the reservation.
- The pool environment and cover should be left in the condition it was upon arrival.
- The maximum number of people provided by the manufacturer must be observed when using the pool. Overfilling can break the pool and cause damage to the property.
JYY’s general booking conditions have been revised in June 2022. These terms and conditions are valid from 1.8.2022 onwards.
Cultivation boxes available 28.3. onwards
The tenants in Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja are able to reserve their own cultivation box free of charge during summer months. There are a total of 20 cultivation boxes in the Student Village (in the courtyard of RS buildings) and...
Soihtu Rents closed 17.3.
Soihtu Rents is closed on Friday 17th of March 2023. We are available next time on Monday the 20th of March...
Tenants’ Info Letter of March
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the tenant. Sometimes the e-mail program interprets the info letter as...