Common rooms’ rules and regulations
These rules and regulations apply to Soihtu’s common rooms that are free of charge. Separate terms of reservation for the common rooms with extra cost can be found below.
Reserving a common room
- Soihtu tenant can reserve common rooms for personal use via Soihtu’s online booking system.
- The common rooms can be booked only for personal use. It is not allowed to give out your reservation to someone who is not Soihtu tenant. It is also not allowed for the tenants to use the common rooms for business purposes.
Terms of cancellation
- Tenant can cancel the reservation in the online system latest 24 hours before the reservation.
- Please notice, that the reservations for the same day can’t be cancelled via online booking system. If you are unable to use your reservation, inform about it to Soihtu Housing or Rentukka’s Info Desk.
Soihtu’s right to cancel the reservation
- In the event of force majeure, Soihtu can cancel the booking.
The use of the space
- The tenant who has made the reservation is responsible of the space during the booking.
- If a separate key needs to be picked up for the reservation, the tenant must have an ID when picking up the key. Notice, that the key can be picked up only within Rentukka Info Desk’s opening hours.
- The tenant can only use the space during the reservation hours. F.ex. booking is between 11:00-13:00: you can enter the space exactly at 11:00 and you need to leave the space by 13:00. Take this into the consider when planning the meeting arrangements.
- The exterior doors must be kept locked outside the opening hours. Also the windows and doors of the common room need to be carefully locked at the end of the reservation.
- Smoking in the common rooms is strictly forbidden and it might cause an automatic fire alarm in the room. The person who has caused the fire alarm is responsible of all of the fire alarm, maintenance and cleaning costs caused by the smoking.
- When leaving the space, it has to be left in tidy condition – floors and counters wiped, dishes done and trashes needs to be taken out to a recycling bin. If a separate cleaning needs to be done in the common room, the tenant who made the reservation is responsible of the costs.
- The common room needs to be empty by the end of the reservation.
- If the common room need a separate key, it will be handed out according to the deal. The key needs to be returned immediately after the reservation. For a lost key card, Soihtu will be charging for it according to the price list.
- You are not allowed to hand out the key card to anyone else.
- Soihtu is not responsible of the lost items left in the common rooms.
Responsibilities of the reserver
- It is the reserver’s resbonsibility to pick up the key and make other needed actions before the reservation.
- The reserver and everyone else using the common rooms need to follow the common rules and regulations of the room. The rules can be found from the rooms. The common silence hours need to be followed as well.
- The reserver is responsible of the possible damages and extra costs caused during the reservation. The reserver is responsible of all of the alarm, maintenance and cleaning costs caused during the reservation.
- If any issues concerning the space occurs in the beginning of the reservation, the reserver has to report to Soihtu about it immediately, so Soihtu will have a possibility to fix the issue. Soihtu is not responsible of the issues or lacks in the room, which have not been reported during the reservation.
Notice! During the pandemic, Soihtu will follow the instuctions of Finnish government and the Finnish institute of Health and Welfare in the common room bookings. However, the use of the space and arrangements during a privat event is not on Soihtu’s responsibility.
If you would like to live in the renovated building D, fill in an apartment applications online or update your current application. Application time 12.-31.5.2021.
Last spring, Laura Del Castillo Munera, a tenant of the Kortepohja Student Village, read in the tenant newsletter about the possibility of getting her own cultivation box for the summer. Both Laura and her flatmate were excited about the idea of growing vegetables from the beginning, on their own yard.
The village key cards (ie. the contactless key cards used by tenants of the buildings EFHJKLMNOPQ) will expire on Thursday 20th of May. Tenants of the Student Village can pick up new key card from Lillukka (space connected to Rentukka), where a...