Electricity and water
As a tenant of Soihtu, the electricity and water costs of the apartment are included in your rent in addition to many other services. We also want to make sure that the electricity and water we use are good for the environment.
In January 2021, Alva’s Green Heat has been used in Soihtu’s apartment buildings. Emission-free Green heat is produced at the Rauhalahti and Keljonlahti power plants with environmentally friendly, provincial wood fuel and Mustankorkea biogas.
In Soihtu Vehkakuja, we have introduced an intelligent heat control system in 2021, which uses artificial intelligence to learn the behavior of properties in different seasons and it takes into account variations in weather conditions. As a result, the apartments have more even thermal conditions throughout the year and consumption is optimal. Energy savings arise when consumption peaks can be cut off, and so-called overheating does not happen.
In addition, Fiksuvesi remote monitoring service is used in Soihtu’s apartment buildings. In the remote monitoring service, the main water meter is monitored in real time in order to analyze changes in water consumption and the system alerts the consumption deviation immediately. This quickly catches up to potential leaks and extra water costs.
As a tenant, how can I influence to water and electricity consumption?
- Report any leaks in taps and the toilet bowl to property maintenance as soon as possible.
- With energy-efficient appliances, you save water and energy.
- Do not wash dishes under running water.
- When washing laundry, only wash full machine.
- Turn off the lights and other power devices when you don’t need them.
- Do not place furniture or refrigeration equipment in front of radiators to allow warm air to flow into the apartment.
- Make sure that air can flow around the refrigeration equipment in the apartment.
- When charging electrical appliances, disconnect the charger from the wall after use when charging is complete
Verifying the budget of the Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja for the year 2022, the representatives of the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä and the board of Soihtu business unit have agreed on the rent charged in Student...
Article picture: Anssi Kumpula Text: Kimmo Moilanen | Picture: Petteri Kivimäki People living in Jyväskylä find themselves in a fortunate situation because Jyväskylä is a growing city. The prognoses are looking good since they are...
In accordance with the decision made by JYY's Board of Directors, JYY will not collect security deposits from new Soihtu tenants for contracts from 1 January 2022 onwards. This applies to contracts starting on 1 January 2022 or later, in cases where...