Rowing boat Kellukka
Kellukka, the rental rowing boat of the Student Village is for rent during summertime. The boat is located by Tuomiojärvi, in Viitaniemi. You can rent the boat easily via online booking system. The boat is available only during summer months, from the end of September to the beginning of May Kellukka is on winter break.
Members of the student union JYY can rent the boat with only 5 € / day. Read instructions and terms of reservation below.
- Make the reservation in online booking system. The payment will be needed when making the reservation. Notice, that you can rent the boat only for one day at a time (from 00:00 to 23:59).
- When you have done your reservation successfully, you will receive an e-mail with a PIN code. With the PIN code you get access to the room, where the boat’s key and life jackets are located. The room is located downstairs of Lillukka (Taitoniekantie 9, Rentukka building) and the entrance is from Gym’s and Band room’s door. Enter the door with your code, walk down the stairs towards band room and you can see a storage located underneath the stairs. You can access the storage with the same PIN code as the main door.
- Take a key, bottom plug and needed amount of life jackets with you. There is life jackets also for a pet and children if needed. Notice, that max. 3 people can fit in the boat at the same time.
- The boat is located in Viitaniemi, right next to Stavanger park. Spot number 5. White boat with Soihtu stickers.
- Notice, that your reservation and the PIN code is valid between 00:00 – 23:59. The key and the safety vests need to be returned before the reservation ends.
- The boat and the rows needs to be locked properly after use – read instructions carefully, when picking up the key and life jackets. The life jackets have to be dry, when returned.
- If you confront any issues with the locks, kindly contact Soihtu Facility Services (24/7): +358 10 524 8315
- Notice any issues with the boat, oars or vests? Kindly inform via e-mail to email@example.com.
Links will open in new tabs.
Tips for applying a student apartment
The summer is approaching and many future students will receive information about their new place of study and start the search for an apartment. During the summer months, Soihtu receives several hundred applications every month. Here are our tips...
The tenant survey has been renewed in May
Soihtu wants to constantly develop housing services, and for several years we have been monitoring the satisfaction of our tenants with extensive tenant surveys conducted twice a year. Starting in May, tenant satisfaction will be measured with...
The winner of the water saving competition is Soihtu Vehkakuja – congratulations!
Soihtu organized a water saving competition organized in the spring between all housing locations. The competition was running from 1st of January to 30th of April and the water consumption calculations has now been done. The competition has been...