Checklist for furnished rooms
Exchange students have it cozy in Kortepohja Student Village. Some of our shared apartments are especially furnished for exchange student’s needs and are equipped with basic furniture and housewares.
Our furnished shared apartments are reserved for the exchange students of Univerisity of Jyväskylä and JAMK University of Applied Sciences during the academic year.
When moving in check the list below and make sure you have everything included and the condition of the pieces is fine. If you find something missing, broken or otherwise in insufficient condition, make a maintenance request to Soihtu Facility Services. Remember that as a tenant of the furnished room have a responsibility to take care of the condition of the furniture.
We wish you a very pleasant stay and happy living in Kortepohja’s Student Village!
When moving into a furnished room:
- No towel or bed linen set are included in the apartment, so you need bring your own.
- Remember that the furnished Soihtu’s apartments are non-smoking, and pets are not allowed.
- Check the list below and make sure you have everything included and the condition of the pieces is fine. If not, make a maintenance request as soon as possible. This way you will not be responsible of the missing items.
List of the items in furnished apartments (buildings MNP & QRS)
Each bedroom includes:
- 1 single bed (80 cm)
- 1 foam mattress
- 1 mattress cover
- 1 desk
- 1 chair
- 1 armchair
- 1 pair of window curtains
- 1 pillow and duvet blanket (150 x 210 cm)
- 1 rug
The kitchen/kitchenette includes:
- microwave oven and kettle
- 2 – 4 cooking pots (with lid)
- 2 – 4 plastic or wooden ladles
- 2 – 4 tea mugs
- 2 – 4 drinking glasses
- 2 – 4 large plates
- 2 – 4 small plates
- 2 – 4 bowls
- 2 – 4 sets of cutlery (tea spoon, table spoon, fork and knife)
- 1 table + 4 chairs (R- and S-buildings only)
- NOTE: The number of kitchen utensils depends on the apartment size.
The cleaning closet includes:
- one string mop
- plastic bucket with a mop strainer
- brush and a dustpan set
Tips for applying a student apartment
The summer is approaching and many future students will receive information about their new place of study and start the search for an apartment. During the summer months, Soihtu receives several hundred applications every month. Here are our tips...
The tenant survey has been renewed in May
Soihtu wants to constantly develop housing services, and for several years we have been monitoring the satisfaction of our tenants with extensive tenant surveys conducted twice a year. Starting in May, tenant satisfaction will be measured with...
The winner of the water saving competition is Soihtu Vehkakuja – congratulations!
Soihtu organized a water saving competition organized in the spring between all housing locations. The competition was running from 1st of January to 30th of April and the water consumption calculations has now been done. The competition has been...