Checklist for furnished rooms
Exchange students have it cozy in Kortepohja Student Village. Some of our shared apartments are especially furnished for exchange student’s needs and are equipped with basic furniture and housewares.
Most of our furnished shared apartments are reserved for the exchange students of JUY during the academic year. Some furnished apartments are reserved for the exchange students of School of Business JAMK (for spring semester 2021). If there are furnished rooms left, they can be rented to others (for 1-5 months until the 31st of July 2021).
When moving in check the list below and make sure you have everything included and the condition of the pieces is fine. If you find something missing, broken or otherwise in insufficient condition, make a maintenance request to Soihtu Facility Services. Remember that as a tenant of the furnished room have a responsibility to take care of the condition of the furniture.
We wish you a very pleasant stay and happy living in Kortepohja’s Student Village!
When moving into a furnished room:
- No towel or bed linen set are included in the apartment, so you need bring your own.
- Remember that the furnished Soihtu’s apartments are non-smoking, and pets are not allowed.
- Check the list below and make sure you have everything included and the condition of the pieces is fine. If not, make a maintenance request as soon as possible. This way you will not be responsible of the missing items.
List of the items in furnished apartments (buildings MNP & QRS)
Each bedroom includes:
- 1 single bed (80 cm)
- 1 foam mattress
- 1 mattress cover
- 1 desk
- 1 chair
- 1 armchair
- 1 pair of window curtains
- 1 pillow and duvet blanket (150 x 210 cm)
The kitchen/kitchenette includes:
- 2 – 4 cooking pots (with lid)
- 2 – 4 plastic or wooden ladles
- 2 – 4 tea mugs
- 2 – 4 drinking glasses
- 2 – 4 large plates
- 2 – 4 small plates
- 2 – 4 bowls
- 2 – 4 sets of cutlery (tea spoon, table spoon, fork and knife)
- 1 table + 4 chairs (R- and S-buildings only)
- NOTE: The number of kitchen utensils depends on the apartment size.
The cleaning closet includes:
- one string mop
- plastic bucket with a mop strainer
- brush and a dustpan set
If you would like to live in the renovated building D, fill in an apartment applications online or update your current application. Application time 12.-31.5.2021.
Last spring, Laura Del Castillo Munera, a tenant of the Kortepohja Student Village, read in the tenant newsletter about the possibility of getting her own cultivation box for the summer. Both Laura and her flatmate were excited about the idea of growing vegetables from the beginning, on their own yard.
The village key cards (ie. the contactless key cards used by tenants of the buildings EFHJKLMNOPQ) will expire on Thursday 20th of May. Tenants of the Student Village can pick up new key card from Lillukka (space connected to Rentukka), where a...