Barbecue Hut of the Student Village
In front of building F in Kortepohja Student Village there is a barbecue hut that is available for all tenants. You need to reserve the hut via Tenants’ online booking system beforehand.
Note! The barbecue hut cannot be reserved yet. The hut will be available for reservations during August 2022.
Barbecue Hut How-to
- The barbecue hut is available for tenants of Soihtu with pre-booking. You can reserve the barbecue hut in tenants’ online booking system at varaus.soihtu.fi.
- The key to the hut needs to be picked up in advance from Rentukka Info Desk (Taitoniekantie 9) or Soihtu Housing service point (Vehkakuja 2 B). See our websites for the opening hours.
- You can use charcoal or wood chips in the grill. You must bring your own coals/wood. When using barbecue coal, the coals are placed at the bottom of the firebox. When using wood, make 5-10 cm long claps from the wood and choose dry hardwood.
- Light the fire with fire lighters or suitable lighter fluid. When using paper, there will be a lot of smoke and it may come past the hood. If you use liquid, do not add too much.
- Replacement air for combustion is obtained from the valve in the foot part, the amount is adjusted with the ash box through the openings in its support structure. Take care that the flame does not grow unreasonably large and hold onto the surfaces of the hood.
- Adjust the hood according to the grilling event, the more it smokes and sizzles; the lower the hood needs to be adjusted. When adjusting the hood, use a heat-resistant glove, as the hood can get so hot that it causes burns when touched.
- Remove the ash from the case before use. The ash must not spill over the edge at any point. Please note that the ash must not be removed while it is hot.
- An outdoor griddle pan can be borrowed from Rentukka Info Desk within opening hours.
- If you notice any lacks or faults in the hut, fill in a maintenance request on our website.
- The tenant who has reserved the hut is responsible for following these instructions as well as the general housing rules and the silence hours (23:00-07:00). Leave the hut clean and tidy for the next user!
Outage in Soihtu’s broadband network on Tuesday, August 23 – Applies to all Soihtu’s housing locations
The use of Soihtu's Broadband Network, technically part of the University of Jyväskylä's Student Network, will be interrupted due to urgent maintenance work on the core network on Tuesday, August 23, 2022. The outage is expected to last approximately one hour between 17:00 and 18:00.
In this month’s Tenant’s Info Letter, we’ll talk about for example upcoming Kortepohja Festival and electricity production in Soihtu's housing locations.
Kortepohja Festival is coming again! Traditional communal event is a perfect way to kick off upcoming autumn and new academic year. Program: 4 - 6 PM: Alpacas, Bouncy house, yard games, food & community art. 6 - 10.30 PM Live music at...