Over one fourth of the tenants responded to the tenant survey
Soihtu conducts an annual tenant survey in two parts. The aim of the spring survey is to map out the Soihtu tenants’ opinions about the area, their own residential building and apartment, and about the area’s services and tenant activities. In the autumn’s survey, we ask the tenants’ opinions and views about the property maintenance. Many Soihtu tenants responded to the tenant survey conducted in April, and the response rate this spring was 25.2%.
According to the respondents, Soihtu (JYY) is perceived as a reliable and safe landlord (90%) and the rental level of Soihtu’s residential properties is reasonable (86%). More than 80% of the tenants say that they enjoy their place of residence and consider the area’s services to be sufficient. Measured by the NPS recommendation indicator, 49% of tenants would recommend Soihtu as a landlord (grade 9-10). Soihtu’s NPS indicator is 34.
“I recommend Soihtu because the rent is good and it’s include many benefits.”Tenant survey, spring 2022
Based on the survey, tenants are quite satisfied with their own residential building. 84% of the respondents say that they are quite or very satisfied with their own residential building. Tenants are most satisfied with the location and least satisfied with the adequacy of common storage facilities.
Tenants are generally quite satisfied with their own apartment. 85% of the respondents say that they are quite or very satisfied with their own apartment. 80% of the tenants feel at home in their apartment.
Broadband connection provided by Soihtu
The majority of respondents (88%) use the broadband connection provided by Soihtu. Tenants are quite satisfied with the speed and functionality of the connection. 96% of the respondents say that they use Soihtu’s broadband connection for leisure-time communication, 90% for searching for information related to studying, 89% for watching learning videos and 87% for real-time distance learning.
Soihtu Housing service point and Rentukka Info
When evaluating the Soihtu Housing service point and the Rentukka Info, the respondents are most satisfied with the professionalism and service-mindedness of the staff. The respondents are least satisfied with the availability of both customer service points.
Respondents consider the most important Soihtu housing services being the water and electricity included in the rent, free laundry turns and the Soihtu broadband connection.
Tenant activity and democracy
17% of the respondents say that they have participated in tenant activities. The most common reasons for participating in the tenant activities are the desire to belong to the community and to get to know other tenants. 17% of the respondents say that they have fairly good or very good knowledge of Soihtu’s tenant activities and democracy, and the kind of housing issues that tenants themselves are able to have an influence on. However, tenant activity and democracy are generally considered very or fairly important by 62% of the tenants.
Various wishes and development ideas
Tenant surveys are one of Soihtu’s approaches of mapping out the wishes and opinions of tenants. In the surveys, the tenants give a lot of open feedback every year, which Soihtu’s staff reviews carefully. Feasible suggestions are considered and possibly implemented immediately or scheduled for later.
Development ideas suggested in the spring survey:
- More color could be used in the hallways of buildings MNOP. It was really nice that students painted the walls, perhaps they will continue, but at this point the walls are grey and white to a sadly large extent.
- More play areas are needed and safety needs the be improved. Now there are areas where a car can drive by suddenly and fast.
- Waste management requires improvements. The mixed waste containers at the waste point of buildings MNOP overflow from time to time. This and that, for instance cardboard and even plastic, have ended up in the paper container near buildings K and L.
- I would appreciate it a lot if Soihtu could arrange free parking spots for students.
- The surroundings need more greenness.
- The workshop (Verstas) could also be tended better, in particular regarding the equipment, as it is used quite a lot as well.
- I wish for a calm studying space where one could nevertheless chat, for example, via zoom. Both studying spaces in Rentukka are quiet and there is too much noise in the hall to talk through a microphone for a longer time.
- It would be amazing if sauna turns could be reserved one by one as well, in the same way as turns for laundry rooms.
- It is nice that water and electricity are included in the rent, but I have noticed in my own behavior too that it doesn’t encourage to use them sustainably. That’s why it would, in my opinion, be a good choice that those costs would be reduced from the rent, and they would be paid based on consumption.
Cultivation boxes available 28.3. onwards
The tenants in Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja are able to reserve their own cultivation box free of charge during summer months. There are a total of 20 cultivation boxes in the Student Village (in the courtyard of RS buildings) and...
Soihtu Rents closed 17.3.
Soihtu Rents is closed on Friday 17th of March 2023. We are available next time on Monday the 20th of March...
Tenants’ Info Letter of March
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the tenant. Sometimes the e-mail program interprets the info letter as...