General Housing Rules of Soihtu Korttelikylä
- Silent hours between 23 pm – 7 am.
- Apartments need to be cleaned and maintained properly. Non-functioning radiators, water leaks and other damage to water pipes and cords must be reported immediately to the maintenance.
- Each apartment must have a functioning fire alarm and it is the tenant’s responsibility to inspect. Instead, inspecting the fire detector is not the tenant’s responsibility.
- Stove, cooker hood and the filters of the deaeration valves must be cleaned regularly.
- Smoking in the apartments and balconies is prohibited.
BUILDINGS AND OUTDOOR AREAS
- The common areas of the buildings need to be kept clean and tidy. Moving in the stairwells and other public areas of the residential building needs to be done quietly as possible. No loitering allowed.
- For fire safety and cleaning reasons, bicycles, baby carriage and other items must not be stored in corridors. Furniture, rubbish or other items must not be left in the stairwells.
- Fire doors and main doors of the buildings must be kept closed.
- Dusting of carpets and bedding is only allowed in the places reserved for this purpose.
- Smoking is prohibited in all common areas of the properties and in the immediate vicinity of residential buildings. Smoking is only allowed in marked areas.
LAUNDRY ROOMS AND SAUNAS
- The laundry room in Soihtu Korttelikylä does not need booking in advance. Laundry room is available daily between 8 am and 9 pm. The door to the laundry room is open until 9.30 pm.
- Both private and common sauna shifts are available to the tenants of Korttelikylä. The weekly private sauna shift can be booked via tenants’ online booking system.
- Soihtu Korttelikylä is a car-free housing location, therefore there is no parking lot for tenants.
- Temporary parking in yard areas is only permitted for temporary loading and unloading.
SORTING OF WASTE
- Waste and other rubbish are taken sorted in the appropriate waste bins. The residents themselves take care of the correct recycling of non-household waste.
- Yard areas must be kept clean.
- The common rooms comply with general regulations and every premises’ own rules.
- Public order and cleanliness must be followed in all common areas of Korttelikylä.
VIOLATING THE GENERAL HOUSING RULES
- Violation of the general housing rules may result in termination or cancellation of the lease. Termination of the lease agreement can only take place on the grounds specified in the Act on residential leases and is the responsibility of the landlord if necessary.
- In case of breakage of structures and furniture or non-cleaning, the resident will be charged full compensation.
Living in an apartment building requires common rules and a good dose of tolerance. Soihtu Korttelikylä is subject to the law of public order, and no tenant may, by his behavior or in any other way, unnecessarily interfere with the comfort of other tenants. The tenant is also responsible for complying with the laws and regulations regarding his or her guests, both in the apartment and in the common areas.
Personnel changes in the Soihtu Housing team – Jenna Pigg to service manager, Anni Pajari to community manager
There have been changes in Soihtu Housing staff in August and September that are visible to the tenants as well. Soihtu Housing’s personnel are involved in the residents' daily lives both at Soihtu Housing service point in Vehkakuja 2b and at Rentukka info desk in Kortepohja Student Village, where Soihtu Housing staff members work on a rotating shift.
JYY and Soihtu are assessing their biodiversity footprint in cooperation with the School of Resource Wisdom of the University of Jyväskylä
The Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä JYY and its Business Unit Soihtu are assessing their carbon and biodiversity footprints. The analysis is carried out by JYU.Wisdom, the School of Resource Wisdom of the University of Jyväskylä.
The Tenants’ Committee organizes a flea market on Monday 19th September in Lillukka, and if the weather allows, also outside, close to Lillukka. The flea market is open from around 2pm to 7pm, depending on the activity of the sellers and buyers....