To prevent spreading of the coronavirus, we kindly ask all of our tenants to follow general instructions concerning the global pandemic. On this page, we have gathered some instructions that might become handy, if you would need to stay in quarantine or in isolation in your own apartment.
If you get any symptoms related to COVID-19, get tested as soon as possible. It is good to check, if your symptoms match at omaolo.fi web page. The City of Jyväskylä may, if necessary, arrange additional test points to be entered without an appointment.
If you have been infected and your symptoms get worse, please call the local Corona Info (+358 14 266 0133). If you need urgent help or an ambulance call the Emergency number 112.
Please remember following instructions, while you are in quarantine:
- Stay at home.
- Remember good hand hygiene!
- Visiting common rooms, shops, pharmacy, hobbies, public events etc. is not allowed. Outdoor activities are allowed if you have no symptoms, but even then you must keep at least 2 meters distance to other people. Wear a mask in the hallway and on the yard, where other people might move about.
- If you are in isolation, to reduce the risk of infection, remain separate from other people – including those living in the same household. You can’t go out, whether to a shop or to take care of other matters, even if you are in a good condition.
- In matters related to housing, you can contact Soihtu by e-mail or phone. You can also file a damage report or maintenance request online, but we hope you’ll mention about your quarantine in your report.
- If you live in a shared apartment, we kindly ask you to communicate with your room mate about the household matters.
- Download the Koronavilkku app and update all the needed information in the application.
These might help you during your quarantine:
- Use the delivery services of different grocery stores and restaurants.
- In The Student Village’s own Discord-community you may ask for a help from your neighbours.
- If needed, you can contact the social services of City of Jyväskylä.
- In case you need further guiding and advisory in housing issues, you can contact Soihtu’s Tenant Advisor (email@example.com).
Official COVID-19 instructions and important links:
Corona insturctions and recommendations by the City of Jyväskylä
Quarantine instructions by the Institute of Health and Welfare
Corona info of the Finnish Government
Social services of the City of Jyväskylä
Coranavirus instructions for University of Jyväskylä
The links open in new tabs.
Cultivation boxes available 28.3. onwards
The tenants in Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja are able to reserve their own cultivation box free of charge during summer months. There are a total of 20 cultivation boxes in the Student Village (in the courtyard of RS buildings) and...
Soihtu Rents closed 17.3.
Soihtu Rents is closed on Friday 17th of March 2023. We are available next time on Monday the 20th of March...
Tenants’ Info Letter of March
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the tenant. Sometimes the e-mail program interprets the info letter as...