To prevent spreading of the coronavirus, we kindly ask all of our tenants to follow general instructions concerning the global pandemic. On this page, we have gathered some instructions that might become handy, if you would need to stay in quarantine or in isolation in your own apartment.
If you get any symptoms related to COVID-19, get tested as soon as possible. It is good to check, if your symptoms match at omaolo.fi web page. The City of Jyväskylä may, if necessary, arrange additional test points to be entered without an appointment.
If you have been infected and your symptoms get worse, please call the local Corona Info (+358 14 266 0133). If you need urgent help or an ambulance call the Emergency number 112.
Please remember following instructions, while you are in quarantine:
- Stay at home.
- Remember good hand hygiene!
- Visiting common rooms, shops, pharmacy, hobbies, public events etc. is not allowed. Outdoor activities are allowed if you have no symptoms, but even then you must keep at least 2 meters distance to other people. Wear a mask in the hallway and on the yard, where other people might move about.
- If you are in isolation, to reduce the risk of infection, remain separate from other people – including those living in the same household. You can’t go out, whether to a shop or to take care of other matters, even if you are in a good condition.
- In matters related to housing, you can contact Soihtu by e-mail or phone. You can also file a damage report or maintenance request online, but we hope you’ll mention about your quarantine in your report.
- If you live in a shared apartment, we kindly ask you to communicate with your room mate about the household matters.
- Download the Koronavilkku app and update all the needed information in the application.
These might help you during your quarantine:
- Use the delivery services of different grocery stores and restaurants.
- In The Student Village’s own Discord-community you may ask for a help from your neighbours.
- If needed, you can contact the social services of City of Jyväskylä.
- In case you need further guiding and advisory in housing issues, you can contact Soihtu’s Tenant Advisor (email@example.com).
Official COVID-19 instructions and important links:
The links open in new tabs.
Outage in Soihtu’s broadband network on Tuesday, August 23 – Applies to all Soihtu’s housing locations
The use of Soihtu's Broadband Network, technically part of the University of Jyväskylä's Student Network, will be interrupted due to urgent maintenance work on the core network on Tuesday, August 23, 2022. The outage is expected to last approximately one hour between 17:00 and 18:00.
In this month’s Tenant’s Info Letter, we’ll talk about for example upcoming Kortepohja Festival and electricity production in Soihtu's housing locations.
Kortepohja Festival is coming again! Traditional communal event is a perfect way to kick off upcoming autumn and new academic year. Program: 4 - 6 PM: Alpacas, Bouncy house, yard games, food & community art. 6 - 10.30 PM Live music at...