Energy Saving Week 10.-16.10.2022
This week is the national Energy Saving Week. The price and availability of electricity is a concern for all of us this winter, and many of us want to take concrete steps to reduce our own consumption. The biggest energy-savings come from minimizing the use of hot water and electricity.
Even though the cost of electricity is included in the rent for our tenants, we encourage everyone to pay closer attention to their own energy and water consumption over the coming winter. As electricity and water consumption decreases, so naturally does the climate burden.
This week, we will be sharing tips on our social media channels on how to save energy and water. Check out also the list below!
How you can influence to water and electricity consumption:
- Report any leaks in taps and the toilet bowl to property maintenance as soon as possible.
- Do not wash dishes under running water.
- When washing laundry, only wash full machine.
- Spend as little time as possible in the shower and prefer general sauna shifts.
- Turn off the lights and other power devices when you don’t need them.
- Do not place furniture or refrigeration equipment in front of radiators to allow warm air to flow into the apartment.
- Make sure that air can flow around the refrigeration equipment in the apartment.
- When charging electrical appliances, disconnect the charger from the wall after use when charging is complete.
- With energy-efficient appliances, you save water and energy.
National Fire Safety Week is from 25 November to 1 December 2023. It is much easier to prevent a fire than to put it out. It might not occur to you that even if the fire isn't very big, the smoke it causes will quickly destroy important things....
Verifying the budget of the housing locations of Soihtu for the year 2024, the representatives of the Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä and the board of Soihtu business unit have agreed on the rent charged in Student Village and Soihtu...
Text: Anni Pajari | Pictures: Mari Mansikkamäki, Visual Friday 18.9.2023 An important part of my tasks is tenant counselling; supporting tenants with problems related to housing or life skills in general. Today, for example, I write...