Energy Saving Week 10.-16.10.2022
This week is the national Energy Saving Week. The price and availability of electricity is a concern for all of us this winter, and many of us want to take concrete steps to reduce our own consumption. The biggest energy-savings come from minimizing the use of hot water and electricity.
Even though the cost of electricity is included in the rent for our tenants, we encourage everyone to pay closer attention to their own energy and water consumption over the coming winter. As electricity and water consumption decreases, so naturally does the climate burden.
This week, we will be sharing tips on our social media channels on how to save energy and water. Check out also the list below!
How you can influence to water and electricity consumption:
- Report any leaks in taps and the toilet bowl to property maintenance as soon as possible.
- Do not wash dishes under running water.
- When washing laundry, only wash full machine.
- Spend as little time as possible in the shower and prefer general sauna shifts.
- Turn off the lights and other power devices when you don’t need them.
- Do not place furniture or refrigeration equipment in front of radiators to allow warm air to flow into the apartment.
- Make sure that air can flow around the refrigeration equipment in the apartment.
- When charging electrical appliances, disconnect the charger from the wall after use when charging is complete.
- With energy-efficient appliances, you save water and energy.
Soihtu invites the tenants of Korttelikylä to the annual Tenants’ meeting on Tuesday, November 22nd from 5pm onward at Ilokivi Venue (Keskussairaalantie 2). Soihtu staff is there to talk about current housing issues and tenants will have the...
In the coming winter, due to the electricity shortage, we may have to resort to pre-planned power outages to balance the load. Preparing for a power outage is one of the civic skills.
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics in Kortepohja Student Village, Soihtu Vehkakuja and Soihtu Korttelikylä every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the...