Exceptions in the Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja services caused by the Corona virus
This article is updated when necessary. Check the current exceptional opening hours and availabilities from this article. Click the link to access the correct place in the article. You can link this article to your group, friend or hobby club
Premises and spaces out of use
The following premises are currently out of use until 30th of June:
- Rentukka study and learning spaces
- Rentukan common rooms
- Common sauna turns in the Student Village and Vehkakuja
- Sauna of building A
- Lillukka, Bertta and Bastu
The laundry rooms in both the Student Village and Vehkakuja are open.
While the learning spaces remain closed, the printing service is not available in the Student Village.
The closing of the common rooms affects e.g. Kortepohja communal activities such as hobby clubs. It’s recommended to organize these events via online contacts starting from March 17, 2020. The organizations and community associations have been contacted separately about the effect the closing of the space will have on the activity.
Note! All Rentukka’s and Student Village’s common facilities will be open 1st of July onwards.
See the exceptions in the opening hours of Rentukka restaurant on their web page (opens in a new tab).
Opening hours of the service point of Soihtu Housing and Rentukka info
Opening hours of the service point of Soihtu Housing (valid until the 31st of July 2020):
- Mon, Wed 10-15
- Fri 8-12 (closed Fri 19th of June)
- Tue, Thu 10-15 via phone and email
- Sat, Sun CLOSED
All of our online services are in use as usual. Please use our online services whenever possible, so we can keep the contacts at minimum and avoid the spreading of the virus.
If you are moving out:
- Return your keys preferably in the JYY Accommodation services’ mailbox in an envelope (next to the office door).
- Remember to write your name and the apartment you’re moving out of on the envelope!
Opening hours of Rentukka info in June:
- Mon, Wed, Fri 12-15 (closed Fri 19th of June)
- Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun CLOSED
In July, Rentukka info is closed.
Exceptions in Soihtu Facility Services until the 31st of August 2020
To protect the tenants’ and staff members’ health, Soihtu Facility Services brings all contacts with the public and stakeholders to the minimum.
- File the damage reports and announce faults online.
- All tenants are contacted via phone before the job is done.
- Only the damages and faults causing immediate harm are fixed.
- The apartments/rooms which will become vacant are inspected only when the tenant has moved out.
Read more about the topic
Some trees will be felled in the area between buildings D and F to build a separate route for the traffic that is caused by the renovation of building D. The area will be marked with temporary fencing and everybody should pay extra attention to...
Rentukka's Gym has been expanded and the new Weight-lifting Room is now open in the Student Village's building A. The space is meant for deadlift and weight-lifting exercises. In addition, one of the Rentukka Gym's gym bars and the squat rack will...
The waste collection point in front of building H is out of use. A temporary waste collection point is now in the courtyard of buildings HJRS, next to building D. There are containers for mixed waste, bio waste, metal, glass and paper. For more...