In Soihtu’s housing locations, tenants can influence housing and the development of the community in many ways. You can participate in tenants activity in the official Tenants’ meetings or join to the Tenants’ committee.
Tenants activity is a privilege for all tenants and important for the well-being of the community. Through tenants activity, tenants have a possibility to influence things that are important for them – supervise the tenants’ interests, develop the housing location to look like the way they want them to look like and organize communal activities for the tenants.
Tenants’ committees are chosen in annual tenant’s meetings and all tenants who have turned 18 years are welcome to join (1 person per apartment). Tenants’ activity in rental buildings has also been defined in the law in which for example the tasks of a tenants’ committee are listed.
The most important tasks of the tenants’ committee:
- To influence common issues that affect the tenants.
- To participate in the preparation and give statements concerning the budget for the apartment buildings belonging to their own housing unit, the remedial measures and long-term remediation plans included in the budget, the content of the maintenance contract and the organization of the maintenance.
- To decide on the contents of general housing rules.
- To decide on the renting and sharing principles of common parking places, saunas and common rooms
- To support communality and good spirit in the residential environment.
How can I join the tenants’ committee?
- Participate in the annual tenants’ meeting that is called together by the tenants’ committee of your own housing location.
- You can join in the middle of a year by contacting the tenants’ committee of your housing location.
- In case there isn’t an active tenants’ committee in your housing location, you can establish one by calling together a tenants’ meeting. Ask further information from Soihtu’s Community manager.
Active tenants’ committees in Soihtu’s housing locations
Tenants’ committee of Kortepohja Student Village
In Kortepohja Student Village, the active tenants’ committee has long traditions. The members are chosen in the annual tenants’ meeting, but you can also join anytime mid-year. In Kortepohja, the tenants’ committee is above all influencing the things that are important for the tenants and creating communality spirit.
You can change the world of almost 2000 tenants by making Kortepohja Student Village a more pleasant place to live!
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Chair person: email@example.com
You can read the minutes of the meetings (in Finnish only) in 2021-2022 via Tenant’s Page.
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Korttelikylä
The Tenants’ Committee of Soihtu Korttelikylä was elected at the tenants’ meeting in November 2022. The Tenants’ Committee was organised in January 2023.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Chair person: email@example.com
You can read the minutes of the meetings (in Finnish only) via Tenant’s Page.
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Vehkakuja
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Vehkakuja started in the beginning of 2021 and new tenants’ committee was elected on November 2022.
Would you be interested to join the tenants’ committee or ask something from the committee?
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | Chair person: email@example.com
Starting from 2022, you can read the minutes of the meetings via Tenant’s Page.
Cultivation boxes available 28.3. onwards
The tenants in Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja are able to reserve their own cultivation box free of charge during summer months. There are a total of 20 cultivation boxes in the Student Village (in the courtyard of RS buildings) and...
Soihtu Rents closed 17.3.
Soihtu Rents is closed on Friday 17th of March 2023. We are available next time on Monday the 20th of March...
Tenants’ Info Letter of March
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the tenant. Sometimes the e-mail program interprets the info letter as...