In Soihtu’s housing locations, tenants can influence housing and the development of the community in many ways. You can participate in tenants activity in the official Tenants’ meetings, Tenants’ committee or in the more informal Village Team.
Tenants activity is a privilege for all tenants and important for the well-being of the community. Through tenants activity, tenants have a possibility to influence things that are important for them – supervise the tenants’ interests, develop the housing location to look like the way they want them to look like and organize communal activities for the tenants.
Tenants’ committees are chosen in annual tenant’s meetings and all tenants who have turned 18 years are welcome to join (1 person per apartment). Tenants’ activity in rental buildings has also been defined in the law in which for example the tasks of a tenants’ committee are listed.
The most important tasks of the tenants’ committee:
- To influence common issues that affect the tenants.
- To participate in the preparation and give statements concerning the budget for the apartment buildings belonging to their own housing unit, the remedial measures and long-term remediation plans included in the budget, the content of the maintenance contract and the organization of the maintenance.
- To decide on the contents of general housing rules.
- To decide on the renting and sharing principles of common parking places, saunas and common rooms
- To support communality and good spirit in the residential environment.
How can I join the tenants’ committee?
- Participate in the annual tenants’ meeting that is called together by the tenants’ committee of your own housing location.
- You can join in the middle of a year by contacting the tenants’ committee of your housing location.
- In case there isn’t an active tenants’ committee in your housing location, you can establish one by calling together a tenants’ meeting. Ask further information from Soihtu’s Community manager.
Join the Village Team!
Register as a volunteer or discuss about the topic in Kortepohja’s own Discord!
We will create a joint discussion group of volunteer tenants to plan events and other fun for the tenants of the Student Village.
No commitments, no unwanted tasks – the activity is completely voluntary and requires only genuine interest in your own housing community.
Links open in new tabs.
Active tenants’ committees in Soihtu’s housing locations
Tenants’ committee of Kortepohja Student Village
In Kortepohja Student Village, the active tenants’ committee has long traditions. The members are chosen in the annual tenants’ meeting, but you can also join anytime mid-year. In Kortepohja, the tenants’ committee is above all influencing the things that are important for the tenants and creating communality spirit.
You can change the world of almost 2000 tenants by making Kortepohja Student Village a more pleasant place to live!
You can read the minutes of the meetings (in Finnish only) in 2021-2022 via Tenant’s Page.
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Vehkakuja
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Vehkakuja has started in the beginning of 2021 and new tenants’ committee was elected on 16th of May 2022.
Would you be interested to join the tenants’ committee or ask something from the committee?
Starting from 2022, you can read the minutes of the meetings via Tenant’s Page.
Personnel changes in the Soihtu Housing team – Jenna Pigg to service manager, Anni Pajari to community manager
There have been changes in Soihtu Housing staff in August and September that are visible to the tenants as well. Soihtu Housing’s personnel are involved in the residents' daily lives both at Soihtu Housing service point in Vehkakuja 2b and at Rentukka info desk in Kortepohja Student Village, where Soihtu Housing staff members work on a rotating shift.
JYY and Soihtu are assessing their biodiversity footprint in cooperation with the School of Resource Wisdom of the University of Jyväskylä
The Student Union of the University of Jyväskylä JYY and its Business Unit Soihtu are assessing their carbon and biodiversity footprints. The analysis is carried out by JYU.Wisdom, the School of Resource Wisdom of the University of Jyväskylä.
The Tenants’ Committee organizes a flea market on Monday 19th September in Lillukka, and if the weather allows, also outside, close to Lillukka. The flea market is open from around 2pm to 7pm, depending on the activity of the sellers and buyers....