In Soihtu’s housing locations, tenants can influence housing and the development of the community in many ways. You can participate in tenants activity in the official Tenants’ meetings, Tenants’ committee or in the more informal Village Meetings and Village Team.
Tenants activity is a privilege for all tenants and important for the well-being of the community. Through tenants activity, tenants have a possibility to influence things that are important for them – supervise the tenants’ interests, develop the housing location to look like the way they want them to look like and organize communal activities for the tenants.
Tenants’ committees are chosen in annual tenant’s meetings and all tenants who have turned 18 years are welcome to join (1 person per apartment). Tenants’ activity in rental buildings has also been defined in the law in which for example the tasks of a tenants’ committee are listed.
The Village Meetings for the residents of Kortepohja Student Village are great opportunities to discuss current housing issues and upcoming events, as well as to get to know the neighbors.
Next Village Meeting:
Time: 20th of October 2021, 4.30 PM
Place: Lillukka (below Rentukka’s Gym)
Upcoming meetings: November 17th and December 15th
Join the Village Team!
Register as a volunteer or discuss about the topic in Kortepohja’s own Discord!
We will create a joint discussion group of volunteer tenants to plan events and other fun for the tenants of the Student Village.
No commitments, no unwanted tasks – the activity is completely voluntary and requires only genuine interest in your own housing community.
The links open in new tabs.
The most important tasks of the tenants’ committee:
- To influence common issues that affect the tenants.
- To participate in the preparation and give statements concerning the budget for the apartment buildings belonging to their own housing unit, the remedial measures and long-term remediation plans included in the budget, the content of the maintenance contract and the organization of the maintenance.
- To decide on the contents of general housing rules.
- To decide on the renting and sharing principles of common parking places, saunas and common rooms
- To support communality and good spirit in the residential environment.
How can I join the tenants’ committee?
- Participate in the annual tenants’ meeting that is called together by the tenants’ committee of your own housing location.
- You can join in the middle of a year by contacting the tenants’ committee of your housing location.
- In case there isn’t an active tenants’ committee in your housing location, you can establish one by calling together a tenants’ meeting. Ask further information from Soihtu’s Community manager.
Active tenants’ committees in Soihtu’s housing locations
Tenants’ committee of Kortepohja Student Village
In Kortepohja Student Village, the active tenants’ committee has long traditions. The members are chosen in the annual tenants’ meeting, but you can also join anytime mid-year. In Kortepohja, the tenants’ committee is above all influencing the things that are important for the tenants and creating communality spirit.
You can change the world of almost 1900 tenants by making Kortepohja Student Village a more pleasant place to live!
Note! There is no active tenants’ committee in the Student Village at the moment. The next official Tenants’ meeting will be held in November 2021. You will receive an invitation via mail.
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Vehkakuja
Tenants’ committee of Soihtu Vehkakuja has started in the beginning of 2021. There are in total five (5) members, which are tenants of Vehkakuja 2.
Would you be interested to join the tenants’ committee or ask something from the committee?
The key cards for building T are about to expire in early November. Tenants must pick up the new key cards, and at the same time the locks on all apartments will be updated. The update will be done on Monday 1.11. The apartments will not be visited....
New contactless locks will replace the old locks on the front doors and apartments of the buildings F and H in the Kortepohja Student Village during week 44. The new key cards will be used as both the home key and the key to the common areas, so the...
Soihtu Housing tenants receive a newsletter about the current housing topics in Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja every month. The newsletter is sent to the e-mail address found in our system and provided by the tenant. Sometimes the...