Soihtu organizes a water saving competition – possibility to win 1000 € for the community!
Do you know how much water you use daily? In Kortepohja Student Village and Soihtu Vehkakuja, water is included in the rent, so the tenant does not have to think much about the water consumption. However, we want to encourage all our tenants to follow their own water consumption in the future.
In the spring of 2023, we will launch a water saving competition for tenants in all housing locations of Soihtu. The housing location that saved the most water wins 1 000 euros for community activities and sharing economy! All housing locations that are able to save water at least 5 % compared to this year, will win 500 euros for the community.
The competition is running from 1 January to 30 April 2023.
Tips for saving water:
- Report possible leaks in taps and in the toilet to the maintenance as soon as possible.
- Do not wash dishes under running water.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth or soaping.
- When you do laundry, only wash full loads.
- Spend as little time as possible in the shower and prefer general sauna shifts.
- Time your shower times and try to reduce the time you spend in the shower.
- With energy-efficient household appliances, you save water too.
Tips for applying a student apartment
The summer is approaching and many future students will receive information about their new place of study and start the search for an apartment. During the summer months, Soihtu receives several hundred applications every month. Here are our tips...
The tenant survey has been renewed in May
Soihtu wants to constantly develop housing services, and for several years we have been monitoring the satisfaction of our tenants with extensive tenant surveys conducted twice a year. Starting in May, tenant satisfaction will be measured with...
The winner of the water saving competition is Soihtu Vehkakuja – congratulations!
Soihtu organized a water saving competition organized in the spring between all housing locations. The competition was running from 1st of January to 30th of April and the water consumption calculations has now been done. The competition has been...